Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Dog in the Road

The other week, when I was about to cross the other lane, I screeched to a halt. Lying in the middle of the road was a full-grown canine, motionless, and with blood splattered around its lifeless body. Though I am sure the dog was dead, but it was a moving sight seeing it being mangled into pieces by merciless, passing tires. Should I embark and drag it to the side of the road? I have my second thoughts. I may be sideswiped by the rushing vehicles. But I am a vet. However, I fear for my safety and I have my two sons in the back seat for an early morning rush drive to school. After much thought, I started the engine and looked at the side mirror when I passed by the poor dog. I was too conscience-stricken. I lost the nerve and time to attend to its proper disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment